Tuesday, March 25, 2008

last week and present status

So my dad had a stroke. A TIA, meaning there was no brain damage. He hasn't been the same since he's been home. He's now mortal, and we all know it.

So I was the last one hired, meaning I will be the first to go. Why can't the Universe or God or Fate follow my plans? They're nice plans; you should give them a chance.

Despite all this, I'm okay. I'm writing, which is always a good sign. My writing group lets me bring stories and chapters to read whenever I want. I had lunch in Dallas with friends that live far away and plans for trips to Denver and NYC to see them and another dear friend again. I have too much fun with friends from work who like political rallies and happy hour and museums and movies and brownies and inside jokes (God, how I have missed inside jokes!) and laughing and laughing and laughing.

Sometimes you just need to laugh. Laugh at it all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

thinking of you and your dad. day dreaming about the laughing we'll have this summer. i need to see you! july can't come soon enough.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home