Saturday, June 07, 2008

I love my life

My heart was so full that tears streamed down my face. I don't remember the last time I cried, because I was happy. Jaimie and Josh's wedding maybe?

I have never had a group of friends like this. I compare it to my college group of friends, but it's not. Maybe it's more grown-up. Maybe there's just no drama. Maybe because imperfections are embraced and celebrated. I don't know. But I adore it. As Kate would say, It's the sisterhood, boo.

I had a student come by my room every day this last week, and she would hug me and cry. I am going to miss you, she would say. You are like my school mom, she would say. And I could hold it together, until I was in my car alone. And then I would cry. I had a parent send one of the Assistant Principal's an email about me. My son loved her, she wrote. He was a challenge and she never treated him differently, she wrote. She should be encouraged to continue to love what she does so that her students continue to love English and school, she wrote.

I am encouraged. It's not a job; it's a mission. I forget sometimes how much bigger one person's voice and actions are. But I remember now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are well, my Lindsay!!! I can't wait to see you!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home