Tuesday, February 08, 2005

i am a lucky girl

cursive is playing on my stereo. i wish i was the only one home, then i would turn it up as loud as possible and dance around my entire house.

within the last couple of days, i looked around at all my friends, all the people in my life i love, and came to the conclusion that they are all freakin' brilliant. and they are your friends? you ask. and that is a very valid question. very valid indeed. but honestly, they are. and i am as surprised, if not more so, as you are by this fact.

richard. i attended his presentation to students and religion department faculty on the phenomenon of biblezines. he was witty and handsome and clever and intelligent. not that he isn't always--he is. i was so proud that i can call him friend. he is one of the strongest men i know. and i know, without a doubt, that he will achieve greatness. because he already has.

sarah. my new housemate. oh, sarah. what can i possibly say to express how awesome sarah is? she is extremely smart and the funniest person i know and beautiful and has incredible taste in men (see previous paragraph). i adore her. she makes tcu happy. and everyday i laugh.

stephani. oh, steph! many times she is my sanity. she is willing to stay on the phone with dell computers for over two hours. she is a brilliant spanish speaker. when she smiles, i smile. i love how we can just talk about nothing or everything. i admire her strength. i value her opinions. oh and she makes the most kick ass salsa.

thomas. two words: computer genius. as my computer was slowly succumbing to a virus, thomas swooped in, supplies at hand, and healed my life source. he is my hero. thanks, thomas, my brilliant friend. oh and he freakishly remembers words in spanish such as las drogas--oh how that must come in handy!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsay Hicks: such a wonderful friend who always lets me bug her- and never tells me to get back to work. never judges me for my inappropriate comments or weird ideas. lets me know what it feels like to be in other people's shoes- reminds me there is hope for "normalcy." always willing to watch another "daily show" clip, even when she is busy, or should be reading. makes my day. consistently laughs at my jokes, even when they suck. will talk about patience with me for hours, even when she can't possibly think it's funny anymore. tells the best stories. is a wonderful accomplice in pathological lies. reminds me i'm not the only person carl hates. i have, yet again, been blessed with a wonderful roomate and friend.

---sarah

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home