Saturday, December 25, 2004

merry christmas

well, i never thought it would happen, at least not in houston, texas, but i have had my first white christmas (and pictures to prove it). and yes, to all who live in the north, it was not feet and feet of snow, but it was snow. and it hasn't snowed in houston for fifteen years. and it has never snowed for christmas since the weather has been recorded. and it was real snow--the soft, light fluffy kind. it was beautiful. and jaimie, joseph, josh, my dad, and i ran around the yard throwing snowballs at each other. it was so fun.

i had a good christmas. it was weird at times for josh, jaimie's boyfriend, to be here. but at the same time, it didn't seem weird at all--which is kind of weird in itself. i got a lot of cool stuff, had fun playing games with my family, and unfortunately, watched the snow melt. i have decided there is not too many things more depressing than watching snow melt. it is just sad.

presently, my brother is playing his new star wars computer game next to me and my sister is trying to get caught up on alias season three in the living room before season four starts in just a week and a half (!!!). my mom is already in bed for the night and my dad just gave me a kiss on the head saying he is heading to bed too. all my grandparents are under my roof tonight and have been in bed for over an hour now. i love my family. i love my house. i love the noises my family and my house make. it is soothing. even the squawky bird. it just means i am home and safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home