Saturday, February 12, 2005

this is me procrastinating

last night i went to the mates of state concert with some friends. i love mates of state, so of course, i enjoyed myself--even despite getting lost, an extremely sad friend, and some annoyances. but i kept remembering the first time i ever saw the mates in concert. it was over a year ago in celebration of my twenty-first birthday in austin with abby and audra. and it made me miss abby...a lot. not the self-pity-poor-me-i-am-alone kind of missing abby. but the abby-would-be-singing-all-the-words-and-dancing-around-with-me kind of missing abby. i adore my friends still at school--i do. but none of them are abby. so then i remembered some pedro the lion's lyrics: "if you start without me, say my name as you begin." so i said abby' name...a lot. it was like she was there too, and it helped. and my friends here listened, which made me feel even more thankful that i have four friends here willing to go to a concert of a band that they don't know and listen to countless stories about this girl named abby. and it made me thankful i also have a friend in nebraska that wants to hear all about the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home