Wednesday, December 08, 2004

why i love my vagina

so last week i finally read the vagina monologues by eve ensler. i sat in barnes and noble for a little while over a period of two days and read and laughed and fell in love with being a woman and yes, my vagina.

did you know? females posses the only organ in the human body, the clitoris, with no function other than to feel pleasure.

"the shape we call a heart--whose symmetry resembles the vulva far more than the asymmetry of the organ that shares its name--is a residual female genital symbol. it was reduced from power to romance by centuries of male dominance."

my favorite part of the entire vagina monologues is when she asks, "if your vagina got dressed, what would it wear?" and then ensler lists some of the responses she has received. my personal response: a jeweled tiara--because i am a princess, of course.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

christine...
definately a thumbs up. and you need to keep blogging too, because i plan to keep reading.
thanks...lindsay

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love vaginas too! I don't have one of my own, but I love other people's vaginas whenever I get a chance!

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home