Wednesday, October 27, 2004

almost famous

not too long ago, abby and i were at my favorite restaurant in fort worth, spiral diner. unfortunately, there were no booths to be found, so we sat at a table in the middle of the restaurant. as we began to chat, i noticed two women in their mid-twenties having a conversation. as abby continued to talk, i focused my attention not on my dear friend but these two complete strangers. since this is a typical occurrence for me, abby stopped talking and waited until my eaves dropping ceased.
"oh yeah, i still get recognized all the time," the sandy-blond haired woman spoke as she refilled her glass of water and the other brunette woman grabbed a few napkins.
the napkin woman murmured something out of earshot.
"it is so nice. sometimes it is hard to believe myself," the water woman continued, her nose slightly raised as i stared as inconspicuously as possible.
who is this woman, i thought. i studied her face and i didn't recognize her at all. but as i stared, i saw her noticing my staring and i realized she might think i am a fan because of it, which caused me to jerk back into reality and finally aware that abby was waiting to hear about what i had been focused on. i didn't want to add to this woman's nose-in-the-air attitude that she has fans everywhere. i wanted to yell over toward her, "no, no. i don't know who the hell you are, i am just really nosy. i am not a fan of whatever you do." oh, that's rational, linds. i guess it serves me right, but i will continue this habit anyways.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Lindsay you are an eavesdropper I never knew that. I'm so surprised. I would have never of known. You should have told that woman exactly what you were thinking. Don't be scared I would have gotten into her face. "you are not famous until I can recognize you like TMZ recognizes Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan."

Your Favorite Student

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home