Monday, February 14, 2005

i don't want to

it is never a good sign when i want to go to sleep at eight thirty. when i want to bury myself with layers of blankets and pillows in hopes of suffocating my negativity, my constant, irrational record player spinning around in my head. earlier today i wanted to sleep in order to dream. yes, an escape mechanism. actually, the healthiest one i have found.

i don't want to care anymore. i don't want to worry. i don't want to be afraid. i don't want to cry.

it is never a good sign when i want to hide. when i want to crawl into a secret space without another soul or words blaring from another mouth or the sound of cars zooming by, or of dogs barking next door. earlier today i built a fort made for one. yes, a strong, tall wall. actually, the most secure one i have formed.

i don't want to care anymore. i don't want to worry. i don't want to be afraid. i don't want to cry.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Lindsay. Happy Valentines Day and everyone thanks you for the valentines (me most of all). I love you forever and like the advice you gave to me-- smile.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

bobo, i love you too. i am glad you like your valentine. i will see you in less than two weeks. until then, i will take my own advice. smile. slinky, peace, and oh p.s. i got the mitch hedberg cd, so we will listen and laugh and laugh some more.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THAT'S AWESOME!!! I am really excited about the cd and you coming! I can't wait to laugh with you. YAY! I love you.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home