Friday, March 04, 2005

the friday afternoon dance

i wish you could see me now. i am presently doing the friday afternoon dance. it is different than the reindeer dance and the blah-blah dance. but it is an awfully fine dance. i love friday afternoons; they are my favorite part of the entire week. nothing beats them. there is so much hope, so many possibilities. and i have the entire weekend to do what needs to get done and what i want to do. on my walk home, i had an extra bounce in my step. i even skipped part of the way--no joke. the church bells rang me home. a few fridays ago, the bells were playing "jesus loves the little children." i didn't know the hymn today, but that was okay. it made me smile all the same. even the threatening rain clouds didn't melt away my happy mood. my tests are over. my papers are written. my portfolio is turned in. my short story is finished (!!!). and now...now i can make a little lunch, watch my taped episodes of this week's "lost" and "alias," and get ready to have fun with debbie tonight. ah, friday afternoon, you are the best.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY for Fridays!!! Yay for Spring Break!!! Have a good weekend. I can't wait to see you when it is you're Spring Break. Love you!!!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

i thought of you yesterday afternoon around four thirty. i thought, oh lucky boy for being on spring break now. i imagined you on the computer and just hanging out--not doing your usual routine of homework. and it made me extra happy knowing that you were happy. see you in less than a week. love you too. slinky.

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home