Tuesday, February 22, 2005

oddness and the smell of rain to come

today on my nice long walk to class, a bug jumped into my eye. "ouch," i whispered as my eyes began to fill with tears to wash the intruder away. "damn bug," i said as the, now presumed dead, bug continued to slide around my eye ball. i had to go to the restroom in the tucker technology building (no couch, richard) to dig out what was left of a tiny black bug. i think it is very odd that my chaucer class is in a technology building. and i wonder what the likely hood is that a tiny black bug would fly right into my eye at the exact moment i was not blinking.

i love the smell of rain to come. i didn't want to go into my house. i just wanted to swallow all the air i could. i wanted the smell of rain air to swallow me. i looked up into the dark sky and was still able to make out the clouds moving quickly. i wanted them to take me with them, to forever carry me with the smell of rain. i wanted to skip around. i wanted to lie in our fallen leafed yard and wait for the drops to fall, tickling, on my face. i wanted to be washed clean.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. bugs in the eye are gross. i can say this with some certainty because it has happened to me before. though, i have had more bugs fly directly into my ear than into my eye. none of them are there anymore though. i am glad you like the smell of rain, lorelai.
--Sarah

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try having a bug fly into your teeth or mouth. It's gross so don't try it.

Richard

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home