Thursday, June 09, 2005

place random but clever title here

this morning as i was putting on make-up at the rec center after my swim, a country song echoed through the tiled locker room. the woman sang a refrain with an alarming southern accent, "every time i think of cheatin', i just imagine you leavin'." and i wondered, how often does a person think about cheating on their significant other to provoke an entire song on the matter?

emails from friends equals a happy heart.

instead of writing my still unwritten poetry paper that is due tomorrow, i read a book for enjoyment in my aunt's backyard in the blaring sun. so now, i have quite a bit more freckles. welcome to the party, gang. i have always liked freckles. they are kisses from the sun. my dad says, "they are cancer in the making."

i find it disturbing how chlorine is able to withstand soap. i should smell like soap. clean. fresh. but instead i still smell like chlorine. mmm, sexy.

i have been listening to a lot of bright eyes. so much so that in my head the lyrics and instruments and pretty average melodies are rolling around in my head making it hard to distinguish one song from the next. i am not sure what this says about my mood. with other bands, i can wholly pinpoint my emotion by what is on my stereo. for example, the good life means (usually not always, of course) that i feel lonely and am fighting the societal pressure that i need to have a love interest in my life to be completed. or another, mates of state means i am either extremely happy or i want to be extremely happy but presently not. but with bright eyes, it's hard to say. maybe i am trying to figure things out, work things through. and maybe listening to someone trying to do the same thing is soothing. maybe that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home