Wednesday, June 01, 2005

memorial day weekend

sarah pointed out to me that if someone read my blog that didn't know me outside of these entries, i would appear to be quite unhappy person. and although i have my unhappy moments (and i hope i just have the average amount, but then again, when have i ever been average?), i believe i am happy the majority of the time. stressed out, sure. frustrated, quite regularly. but happy none the less. so here is my list of highs from my memorial day weekend.

listening to good music all the way to austin--and not even caring i went the long way that added over an hour to my driving time by sitting in traffic.
talking and laughing and receiving hugs from my family.
sitting on the huge porch of my grandparents house looking out over lake travis and the hill country.
walking down to the marina in the rain.
playing keep away in lake travis with a ridiculously huge beach ball.
treading water with my brother as my dad, mom, and josh dropped my sister off at shore so she could go number two behind a bush.
closing my eyes and soaking up the warm sun. my cheeks are now pink.
watching how much my parents love each other.
staying up with my brother and laughing as we came up with random phrases we should put on t-shirts.
hearing my mom say, "i wish you were coming home with us."
driving back to fort worth in time to take part in sliding down an enormous blow up slide into a pool of water with my cousins and their kids.
talking to abby and finding out she now has a cell phone.
hannah sitting in my lap as the kids and i watched jimmy neutron.
stephani sitting on top of me so i wouldn't leave her house.
playing scrabble and talking to a friend.
playing an electronic basketball game thingy and beating a friend.
talking to sarah on the telephone.
a cook out with friends.
making up the green ball game and knowing how good of friends i have when rachael and chris humored me by playing it.
stephani and i kicking ass at the newly wed game.
playing four on the couch until three in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home