Tuesday, May 17, 2005

stranger

have you ever walked passed a complete stranger and wondered what their story was? today i did. i walked passed this man on the way to my car after my summer school class (world geography--blah) and i wished i could ask him who he was. my cousin's daughter, hannah, said to me on sunday, "lindsay, my mommy told me your name, but i don't know you." i asked the four year old, "what do you want to know?" hannah replied, "i want to know you." and i wanted to tell this random man in the suit and tie that i wanted to know him. what does he do for fun? what is he afraid of? what was the name of his first pet? is he married? does he have children? what did he dream about last night? when was the last time he really laughed--the stomach-cramp-sore-cheeks kind of laugh? and what was so funny? if he could live anywhere, where would he live? has he ever done drugs? broken any bones? favorite sport? favorite color? favorite band? i wanted to ask him, do you believe in God? in love? in destiny? i wanted to know if he was happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home