Wednesday, April 13, 2005

bragging on myself

there aren't too many times that i am truly proud of myself, proud of my accomplishments. sure, i'll be happy and feel satisfied with a job well done. but it is rare that i feel proud. on tuesday, my entire writing class critiqued my newest short story. and i would like to take a moment to write what they had to say:
"i want to start off by saying that i really, really, really liked your story. i think it is definitely one of the best we have read so far."
"i did enjoy your story and i don't casually hand out compliments in that fashion."
"you do an excellent job of developing real, believable, and likeable characters! i was especially struck by the natural dialogue."
"this story was GREAT; i think you've really done an excellent job here."
"your story may be one of the best written stories i have read in a long time."
"i absolutely loved this story."
and my professor wrote:
"as usual, it is a great pleasure to read your writing. you are a very good writer--you have a way with very original details and quirks in your characters. i'm always drawn right in with your writing and get seduced by the rich detail and engaging prose...i really hope you keep writing (and i don't say that lightly)."

i am really proud of myself.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lindsay, I'm proud of you too. I haven't read the story but I'm proud that you had the courage to follow your instinct as a creator and artist to write a whole new story. I'm very envious of you in the fact that you wrote a great sounding story in such a short amount of time. Anyway, I want to read both following your revisings and such and we need to have our writing party soon.

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS Richard wrote that

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also really proud of you- and not just because you are a good writer, but because you are a good person, friend, housemate, etc. Isn't it wonderful when it turns out the stress and worry were worth it? I am always amazed at how many of my friends are destined for greatness- and you, my dear, are among those topping that list. You rock, and I'm glad you know it!
Sarah

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home