Wednesday, July 06, 2005

morning

i didn't want to get out of bed this morning. not because i was tired. i wasn't. not because i was sad. i wasn't. i didn't want to get out of bed, because i knew i had to. this rebellious nature i have is starting to be annoying. live in the moment, linds. live in the God-damn moment. stephani, i hope you are having more luck with this than i am.

so today in my poetry class, this older woman who sits behind me says, "lindsay, you are the voice of reason." and later, "lindsay, i am so happy you are in this class. you make it so fun. you are so honest. not many people are like that." my thought, "tell me about it. i think i am too honest for my own good." but the fact i can openly discuss menstruation and the negative effects of the monthly period in a class full of strangers (half of which are guys) made me realize how much i love the fact that i am me. i love that i am brave. and honest. and have a take it or leave it attitude. i love that my face rarely turns red from embarrassment. i love that i have opinions. intelligent ones. and i love that i am gutsy enough to express them. share how i feel. because, hell, that's me. it's just me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you are Lindsay too.
Being you is something truly to be proud of. You are someone who has accomplished so much, lives like a true princess in the present, and will continue to rule the day in the future as you will continue to teach,learn, live, love, defy, make peace, and enjoy, and just deal with the moments to come. I can't wait till I have a pool house but really I can't wait till you're in it.

Today is Lindsay Day, Amen Sista' Friend.

*I'll have you all know that while this phrase is usually reserved for female to female dialogue, I will use it because I am constantly surrounded by the coolest ladies (namely Sarah and Lindsay), I've watched Gilmore Girls since season one, episode one, and Dr. Camp says I'm a feminist.


-- Notorious F.I.G.
Bear Necessities
"Pooh Who?" Tour 2006 Coming
at you live and world wide.
Holla' Back Suckas!!!
Peace

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home