Tuesday, July 05, 2005

thunderstorm

i wonder how many of my friends know that i love to sit in the midst of a thunderstorm. it is probably on my top five favorite things to do. i didn't go to school today. i couldn't think of any good reason to get out of bed. and then around nine o'clock as i laid in my bed trying to sleep away, well, everything really, i heard thunder and noticed my bedroom was a little darker. so i jumped out of bed and made my way to the backyard. and i thought...

inhale. exhale. i love the smell of rain. i want the thunderstorm to take me with her. i pray for this. i close my eyes, and the wind lifts my hair. and for a moment i believe she has lifted me off my chair, and i am flying away. inhale. exhale. i love the smell of rain. drops of water cover the goosebumps on my legs. lightning strikes the ground close by so that the thunder sounds as i see the flash. i'm not scared. i just wish he had struck me instead. inhale. exhale. i love the smell of rain. the rain falls faster. i think that there is no way the aliens from signs would have survived on earth with rain falling like this. what were they thinking? inhale. exhale. i love the smell of rain. the trees wave at me, and i start to cry. i just want to be alone. why don't they know that? stop waving. stop waving. i'm not going to wave back. inhale. exhale. i love the smell of rain. warm tears collide with cold raindrops. i feel...i feel...i feel like an idiot. to think, i actually thought someone would like me back. inhale. exhale. inhale. exhale. i love the smell of rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home